Intel Z370 EATX enthusiast motherboard with extreme performance, DDR4 4500MHz+, ROG DIMM.2 (dual M.2), onboard 5G Ethernet, USB 3.1 Gen2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel LGA1151 socket: Ready for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
- Engineered for performance: Optimized 2-DIMM memory trace layout for superior stability and performance, supporting DDR4 overclocking to 4500MHz+ and beyond.
- Overclocker's toolkit: hardware-level controls and onboard condensation detection circuits to aid with subzero overclocking.
- ROG DIMM.2: vertically-installed dual M.2 expansion card with a bundled fan bracket for maximum cooling and performance.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
- Cutting-edge connectivity: Onboard 5G Ethernet and Intel Gigabit Ethernet for data transfers at lightning speeds.
- Your board, your insignia: Aura Sync RGB lighting, four 4-pin RGB headers and illuminated customizable nameplate featured on a distinct X-shaped PCB.
- Immersive audio: SupremeFX high fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action.
- Best protection: patent-pending SafeSlot, SafeDIMM and premium components for maximum durability.
THE BOARD FOR EXTREME PERFORMANCE
Every aspect of the ROG Maximus X Apex purposefully defies convention to break performance boundaries and set new standards. Its feature set is carefully selected to optimize component layout and trace pathways for maximum signal integrity. That foundation is backed by all the tools and tweaking options you need to push the platform to the limit, and cooling options to keep everything under control. With a distinct X-shaped PCB that's accented by RGB lighting, and performance-first engineering, the Maximus X Apex is suitable for elevating builds to showcase status, or satisfying overclocking addicts that thrive on the edge.
ROG Maximus X Apex is built to break records - and it's already done just that. With its optimized layout and ability to withstand cryogenic temperatures, Apex has already scored 9 global first-places and set a CPU frequency world record* of 7.3GHz on all six cores of the Intel Core i7-8700K. That's a staggering 97.3% overclock of the chip's default 3.7GHz frequency!
ROG Maximus X Apex includes an overclocker's toolkit with hardware-level controls to aid your overclocking experience. The motherboard's Dual BIOS allows you to experiment with different firmware versions and provides a path for recovery in case one becomes corrupt, and the onboard switch allows you to easily change between the first and second BIOS. The overclocker's toolkit also includes a Pause switch to halt the system, and four PCIe switches for quick slot toggling. Other tools include Safe Boot and ReTry buttons, a LN2 mode jumper to aid POST at sub-zero temperatures, and a Slow mode switch. Combined, they're quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
Specialized circuitry allows Maximus X Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into three distinct sections - CPU, DRAM and PCIe - the feature provides a useful warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
Processor & Chipset
- Serial ATA/600
Network & Communication